My secret to interpersonal success, whether at work or with friends, starts with baked goods. Let me break it down for you.
- Who doesn’t like baked goods?
- If the person you are attempting to woo doesn’t like baked goods, do you really want to be friends with him/her? I would be suspicious of this person from the start.
- If you already have a relationship with the subject of said baked-good-gifting, consider the redemptive value of sweets. A box of cupcakes says to the person, “Keep me around. I’m good people. I feed you.”
If you want to make from-the-box cupcakes (as pictured above and below), I suggest jazzing them up in the following ways.
- Add sprinkles, especially if it is a certain friend‘s birthday and she requests them.
- Add flaked coconut and an almond for a flavor reminiscent of a certain joyful candy bar.
- Add the crumbles left at the bottom of a jar of “butter crunch cashews” or other spiced nuts.
- Mix together a scoop of chocolate frosting with a scoop of peanut butter. Spread on cupcake and then top with 1/2 a mini-Reese cup.